Happy Fat Tuesday!!! I wish I could be down in New Orleans watching the parades and enjoying that amazing food, but alas I am here in Seattle watching the rain. BUT I decided what I can do is make something fabulous for dinner. SO I altered a recipe for Chicken Cajun Pasta to make it lighter and without gluten and diary..guess what. It’s Awesome! Give this a go if you’re in the mood!
Cajun Chicken Pasta (Gluten & Dairy Free!)
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten Free linguine ( I chose Quinoa Linguine)
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 3 tsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into slivers
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into slivers
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into slivers
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Lactaid
- 1 tbsp Red Mill flour
- 3 tbsp Tofutti cream cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- salt to taste
- Cooking spray
Get all your ingredients sliced and prepared as above. Combine the milk, flour & cream cheese by hand or in a blender. Then set that aside:
Season raw cubed chicken with the cajun seasoning & garlic salt. Then spay a pan with cooking spray and cook chicken in a pan until fully cooked. Put that on a plate off to the side for later use.
In the pan you cooked the chicken, add more cooking spray, then saute the peppers, onions and garlic. Once the onion is transparent add the mushrooms & tomatos. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Next add the chicken broth and stir. Cook about 1 minute, then add the milk/cream cheese mixture and stir well. Once all ingredients are combined, add the warm cooked linguine into a serving bowl and top and mix with the chicken and veggies off the stove. Combine so that pasta is fully covered, then add salt, pepper and chopped scallions to taste. Voila! This makes 6 delicious servings at 8 points plus points each.
Delicious! Enjoy and have a fantastic Fat Tuesday!
- Mardi Gras! My Gumbo Recipe (foodandwinehedonist.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-Free Mardi Gras Round-Up (tastyeatsathome.com)
- Mardi Gras celebrations culminate on Fat Tuesday (ctv.ca)