What is a burrito without salsa? I’ll tell you, it’s a burrito that is missing something MAJOR! Well tonight I am giving into my cravings and making burritos for dinner, but I can’t find a low-Fodmap salsa to save my life. Onions and garlic are the main issues. But as I have also figured with Barbeque Sauce and Ketchup, I have to make my own. I have not been 100% successful on the previous ones, but I made a good Salsa so I’m going to write up that recipe.
Spicy Low-Fodmap Chipotle Salsa
- 1 14.5 oz can of organic chopped tomatos (make sure it doesn’t have garlic or any non-fodmap friendly foods
- 1 4 oz can of chopped chilis
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 Chipotle Pepper from a can packed in Adobo (check ingredients)
- 1 tsp of Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 dash of Asafoetia powder (the replacement for onion powder/flavor )
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp of chipotle pepper powder
- t tsp of cumin
Add all ingredients, including juice from the tomatoes and chilies into blender and blend to your liking of chunkiness. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for flavors to settle.
I can’t wait, I think this is going to be a good burrito!