Wine tasting, one of my very favorite things to do! I was lucky enough to host a wine tasting at my home for Silver Bell Winery, a new winery in the great Northwest!
Diane and Alan from Silver Bell came to our home, set up a nice display and gave us history on the grapes and good sized pours of each of their six wines! My only job, to make sure that there was food for all the wine tasters. Now as you probably know the traditional foods for wine tasting are completely unapproved by my gut, so I had to make some alterations. I had the cheese and crackers of course, plus my guests brought some other yummy salads (Thanks for my friend Heather the Salad Queen, it was tasty and safe for me!) and cheese puffs. But to fit into my diet I also had the below items:
Tofu cream cheese with a Pepper Jam over the top
Chicken Taquitos wrapped in corn tortillas
Veggie Platter with a home made vinaigrette
All in all it was good. I did have a few slices of cheese because it was just too overwhelming to have all those cheesy options…but I only had a few sinces I had other treats I could eat! Great wine and Great food…. Success! Plus I did some of my Christmas Shopping from my own home!
- Virgin Wines Biggest Ever Wine Tasting Goes Down a Treat (prweb.com)
- Wine Tasting Day One- O’Brien Estate Winery (beecrail.wordpress.com)
- Crown Wine & Spirits Private Wine Tasting (gauchoranchgrillboutique.wordpress.com)
- Altamont Winery featured at free tasting (timesunion.com)
- Georges Du Boeuf Beaujolias Nouveau 2011 wine review by (PB) (winecask.blogspot.com)
- My 5 Fave Wines Under $10 (morningdaydreams.wordpress.com)