The other night I was at home and desperately digging through my fridge wanting to avoid a trip to the store (some days I am anti-market). Being FODMAPPY I was a little stressed since my usual meals were gone… so I looked around and created this simple FODMAP friendly dish with leftovers. Not only was it delicious, my husband liked it so much he asked for it to be put into rotation!
FODMAP Friendly Chicken Fried Rice
- 1/2 Cup of cooked chicken (I also made this with Cubed ham)
- 1 Cup of cooked Rice (I used white, but brown would be good too)
- 1/2 C Green beans cleaned and cut into thirds
- 1/4 C of shredded carrot
- 1/4 C Chopped Spinich (or basil I’ve done both)
- 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped red pepper
- 1T sesame Oil
- 1/4 C Gluten Free Tamari or Soy Sauce (or to taste)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 chopped Jalapeno (optional)
- Heat the Sesame oil in a frying pan
- Once hot, add the veggies (carrots, green beans, pepper, Spinich, jalapeno) Saute for 2-4 minutes until peppers are slightly soft
- Add chicken and Rice (add a splash of water to rice if it’s day old rice and is a bit dry) . Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Pour in the Tamari and mix well, rice should turn a little brown. Taste as you add it, different people like different salt levels
- Push the rice/veggie mixture to the side so you have a part of the pan open to pour in the beaten eggs with the tsp of water. Scramble it off to the side
- Once the eggs are scrambled mix them into the rest of the mixture well.
- Voila, you have some FODMAP friendly Fried rice! It’s pretty yummy!
I hope you enjoy this dish, it’s pretty darned good! If you try it and add other FODMAP friendly things I’d LOVE to hear about it.