This is a recent discovery that is absolutely brilliant! Pizza is one of the foods I have missed the most since the majority of pizzas have both Gluten and Lactose! I did get into ordering gluten free pizzas around Seattle and found many left A LOT to be desired… Then a friend introduced me to this… it’s brilliant and low calorie!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 medium Cauliflower (Riced)
1 egg (beaten)
1 Cup of cheese (of your choice, I use soy mozzarella, but my friend loves goat cheese)
1 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Italian seasonings (or just use oregano and basil, fresh basil.
Pizza Sauce to taste
Cheese (your favorite)
Choice of toppings, I do mushrooms, jalapeno and tomato!
Preheat Oven to 450, prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray, butter or olive oil. Set aside.
Rice your Cauliflower (shred in a food processor or grate it with a cheese grater) put in a microwave safe bowl and heat it for about 7-9 minutes until soft. Let it cool. It will make approximately 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups of riced Cauliflower.
When cauliflower is cool add 1 cup of Cauliflower, 1 beaten egg and 1C of the cheese of your choice mix together. Add spices and mix again. Take cauliflower mixture and pat out in a mass about 9 inches around. Brush with Olive oil.
Top it with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. Bake in oven at 450 for about 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and edges are slightly browned.
Cut into slices and enjoy! YUM!
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust…Yes We Can! (cookingintuitive.com)
- Wine’n About Food-Amazing Cauliflower Crust Pizza (q104.radio.com)
- Guilt Free, Gluten Free Pizza (momdecuisine.net)
- Really good low-carb Cauliflower pizza base with salmon 🙂 (theoppositehouse.wordpress.com)
- Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe (lindawagner.net)
- Mmmmm! Pizza! Pizza! (happyhealthyeating.wordpress.com)
- Sage and Walnut Cauliflower Cheese (foodtoglow.wordpress.com)