I used to love beer, it tasted so good. But the bloated belly and pain after drinking it turned any nice evening out with friends into a very short jaunt! Once I learned I was gluten & dairy free I moved to wine but missed my beers. Then a friend of mine went out and got me a beer sampler of all gluten free beers. I didn’t love them all but found some good ones. My favorite Greens Amber Ale!
Now once I found this through my friend, one would think the problem is solved. But I drink out more often than in, and finding it in a restaurant was hard. To my surprise more and more places are carrying gluten free beers, and the gluten eaters are doing tastes to make sure they find a good one! Not all have my favorite Greens and New Grist is alright, but hey it’s a start right? Plus they are both good to cook with if your recipe calls for beer.
So thank you restaurant owners! I love having a beer if I’m in the mood… and when I’m really lucky I get a gluten free bunned burger with a nice GF beer…THAT is heaven (and rare for me…both the burger and the experience!)
- Some ‘gluten-free’ beers really aren’t – USATODAY.com (yvonnebergeron.wordpress.com)
- Some ‘Low-Gluten’ Beer Contains High Levels Of Gluten, Australia (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Have fun with crazy beer (desmoinesisnotboring.com)
- New Feature – Beers of the World (drinkingdisney.wordpress.com)
- Free From Food Awards 2012 (free-from.com)