It’s a miracle. Ever since I stopped with the Lactose I have missed dessert. Yes there are things I can enjoy like meringue or fruit, but there is something about a wonderful creamy mousse that I really love. Then I learned about Coconut Milk. Seriously this is incredible. Completely lactose free super creamy mousse that takes about 5 seconds to make. Are you ready?
What you need:
- Can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of chocolate cocoa (the better the quality, the better the mouse)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Sugar or Stevia to taste (if you like) (or Jam or another topping)
Yup only four things. Now take the following steps
- Put the coconut milk in the fridge overnight (about 4 hours might do it, but I usually just leave it overnight )
- Open the can, and scoop out the solidified creamy goodness into a bowl. You can keep the watery stuff and use it in other recipes, or mix a Tablespoon or so back into the creamy coconut milk if you want it a little thinner
- add the cocoa, stevia and sugar if you want it until fully mixed in and creamy (I use a mixer but I think by hand would work too)
- Put it back in the fridge for an hour if you can, the flavors seem to settle better.
- Eat and enjoy. I love to scoop out a small amount and put fresh berries or Jam on it. I’ve heard you can also use this as frosting!
Done! It’s a great dessert. The First time I made this I had company, my guest enjoyed it too! :)
- How to Make Fresh Coconut Milk (iusedtobeacook.com)
- Coconut Cherry Dream Cream (jerrynicholsaz.wordpress.com)
- My fav coconut milk (thepreparedtable73.wordpress.com)
- Coconuts, Chocolate and Vanilla – The Perfect Threesome (tiastwoforks.wordpress.com)
- Delicious Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer Recipe (Non-Dairy & Paleo-Friendly) (hip2save.com)