This weekend I was on a trip with Brandon and another couple. We were talking about making a shared dinner when Kale came up. I remembered hearing about Kale chips and thought that sounded like a healthy, low calorie snaky trick. I asked my friends to pick up the kale on their trip to the store. Sadly, they were back too late and I had started dinner and was well past kale making time.
But don’t fret! I’m back at home today and after munching popcorn with Brandon last night, I thought I’d try making these chips before subjecting Brandon to that green veggie. I baked them up and Good lord I LOVE THEM! In my mind, the crunch satisfies the desire for chips but it’s all healthy!
Here is how you go about this easy snack for Kale Chips!
Olive oil or butter
Seasoning Salt or Garlic Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Put parchment paper down and grease it up (butter, olive oil or I use a olive oil mister to keep them from sticking but to control the amount of oil.)
3. Cut the spines out of your Kale and arrange them in bite size pieces onto the parchment paper like below:
4. Mist the top of them and sprinkle seasoning salt or garlic salt
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Watch for the tips to get slighly brown. There is about a 30 second window between perfect and burned flavor. Watch them carefully. If you take them out early they will still be a bit soggy…or
Here is the end product. SO SO Good!
- Kale Chips – Warning, Highly Addictive (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Crisp Kale Chips With Chile and Lime – Recipe (nytimes.com)
- Kale Chips (nourishingresults.com)
- For the love of Kale (writingtheundisciplinedmind.wordpress.com)
- No Guilt Kale Chips! Addictive and Oh Soooo Good for You! (healing-agent.com)